The 10 Year Limited Warranty on Landscape Artificial Grass begins when the artificial grass is purchased. The grass must be installed in accordance with Bella Turf’s installation guidelines and specifications. The grass must be maintained in accordance with Bella Turf’s maintenance recommendation and such maintenance continue throughout the warranty period.
The 10 Year Warranty is further limited to the period of time in which the turf is owned and maintained by the original purchaser. The basis of any warranty related claim is the original authorized dealer invoice. Damage resulting from the failure to follow these instructions will not be covered under this warranty. Installation guidelines and specifications along with turf care recommendations can be obtained from your dealer or from Bella Turf’s website, bellaturf.ca.
What does the 10 year Limited Warranty cover?
Bella Turf warrants that its landscape artificial grass, when installed and maintained as recommended for proper use, will not display ultraviolet degradation, resulting in blade deterioration or loss. (Failure is defined as the loss of 50% of the tufted product’s blade, based on the original weight of the product at the time of manufacturing, per test method ASTM D5848).
Actual degradation will cause a deterioration of the yarn and loss of pile height. Failure does not include a decrease in pile height of the face yarn as a result of surface compression due to normal wear.
Backing – Tuft Bind and Delamination
Bella Turf warrants that under normal use, when installed and maintained as recommended Bella Turf; our landscape artificial grass will meet industry standards for tuft bind and will not delaminate from the face of the turf. Note: The construction, blade and backing used are designed and engineered for use for general landscape applications only.
What you should do if any of the above problems occur and you need warranty service?
The original purchaser should notify the authorized Bella Turf Dealer and submit in writing, the following:
- A valid proof of purchase or other documents which establish proof of purchase.
- A detailed description of the problem and/or a photograph/sample that clearly shows the warranty problem.
What will Bella Turf do should you need warranty service?
Should a defect covered under this warranty be found, the affected area will be repaired to conform with the warranty. If repair is not commercially practical, Bella Turf will issue a credit to the purchaser of the same or comparable quality of artificial grass, the proportional purchase price of the affected area. The credit will be good only toward the purchase of Bella Turf artificial grass. There will be no cash payment.
Warranty claims are limited to artificial grass material and DO NOT include any labour costs associated with replacing an installed product.
Bella Turf Warranty Specifically excludes:
- Artificial grass not installed in accordance with Bella Turf installation guidelines.
- General soiling, discoloration and appearance changes due to flattening of pile or pattern due to pile distortion.
- Staining or fading from exposure to substances which degrade or destroy the blade face or the color of the turf.
- Damage caused by exposure, directly or indirectly through reflection, with a temperature exceeding 75° Celsius.
- reflection (melting) or other flammable materials.
- Artificial Turf installed on stairs/landings or in areas subject to abnormal use.
- Artificial Turf exposed to abusive wear from abrasion or from inappropriate foot wear such as metal cleats, hard plastic cleats, metal golf spikes, or sport equipment.
- Artificial Turf installed in appropriate applications. i.e. under playground such as swings, slide landing areas, or other high friction play equipment.
- Artificial Turf installed where floods and/or flooding conditions exist.
- Artificial Turf installed in contact sports field i.e. football, soccer, lacrosse, etc.
- Burns, cuts, accidents, vandalism, abuse, negligence or neglect.
- Wear or abrasion caused by inadequate sub-base.
- Wear or movement of artificial grass due to lack of infill or infilled products.
- Use of improper infill products.
- Use of improper cleaning agents, pesticides, herbicides, or chemicals, and maintenance method.
- Failure to property maintain, protect, or repair artificial grass.
- Artificial Turf sold online or from warehouse specifically sold “as-is” or “remnant”. These are sold at a significant discount because they come with NO WARRANTY.
The warranty is not transferable. It extends only to the original purchaser. Bella Turf does not grant to any person or entity the authority to create or it any obligation or liability in connection with this product. Bella Turf shall not be liable to the consumer or any other person or entity for any incidental, special or consequential damages, arising out of breach of this limited warranty or any implied limited warranty.